Your Source for HIV and AIDS
care, prevention & advocacy
Piedmont Care is the only organization in our community 100% dedicated to the fight against HIV and AIDS.
Piedmont Care is the nonprofit, 501c3, organization providing HIV and AIDS care, prevention and advocacy in Spartanburg, Cherokee, and Union counties of South Carolina. We provide services to people living with HIV/AIDS and their families and prevention/education services to the community.
Since inception, we have served more than 1200 people living with HIV and AIDS with care services and thousands of people with HIV prevention services. Piedmont Care is dedicated to leading the fight against HIV and AIDS in our community. But we cannot do it alone. We need your help. You CAN make a difference.
- You can make a difference through your financial support of programs that provide life-saving, life-enhancing medical care and support services to HIV+ people.
- You can make a difference through your financial support of prevention programs. HIV is preventable. Of the federal funds going to HIV and AIDS, only 5% are targeted for prevention. Prevention programs must be funded through the communities they serve.
On behalf of the community of the affected and on behalf of people living with HIV and AIDS, thank you in advance for the role you will play in providing a future of hope for a world without AIDS.
DID YOU KNOW:
- Did you know that South Carolina ranks in the top 10 in the nation for HIV and AIDS?
- Did you know that one person is infected with HIV every 9.5 minutes in the United States?
- Did you know that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that more than 18% of people living with HIV/AIDS in the United States are unaware of their HIV status?